Our hotel is nestled by the side of the magnificent Nita Lake in beautiful British Columbia. We want to help to keep our planet clean and beautiful as much as we can. Our green practices help protect the environment by encouraging sustainability in a variety of ways: recycling, composting, sustainable foods, chemical-free cleaning supplies, energy-efficient lighting, and more
Some of our green initiatives include:
- Tesla charging stations available for complimentary use by hotel, spa and restaurant guests.
- Using energy efficient lighting and having our exterior lights on timers.
- Having an eco-friendly irrigation system to water our gardens.
- Growing our own herbs and vegetables in our rooftop gardens and using locally sourced ingredients in our dining outlets whenever possible.
- Having geothermal heating and cooling used throughout the lodge.
- Use of a Building Automation system (DDC control system) in place to monitor and control our environmental impact.
- Our housekeeping team uses chemical-free cleaning products.
- Saving water by having low flow toilets, faucets and showerheads.
- Using a groundwater filtration system which removes the iron content from the groundwater before it is released into the creek.
- Having a recycling program in place which includes the recycling of ink cartridges, paper, cardboard, plastic, glass, bottles and cans.
- Food waste is composted and used oil is recycled.
- Our hot tub jet pumps are on timers and we use energy efficient boilers.
- A towel and linen reuse/recycle program is in place.
- Encouraging digital sending of guest bills and hotel brochures to save paper and printing.
- We are a 100% non-smoking property to help keep our air clean for everyone to enjoy.